Monday, December 19, 2011

Quesadillas

I don't know if I'd call this a recipe, exactly, but I've been making these a lot lately (they're perfect for last-minute suppers on busy days). I thought I'd share in case someone else was feeling the time crunch this holiday season!

Quesadillas
tortillas (I try to make some of these ahead of time so I can just get them out as I need them)
refried beans (I keep some of these in the fridge for "emergencies" too), mixed with 1/4 cup taco seasoning
cooked chicken, turkey, or beef
shredded cheese
lettuce, tomato, sour cream, peppers, etc.

This is really a whatever-you-like recipe; I like to put a tortilla on the griddle, spread on some beans, add some meat, and sprinkle cheese over it all and cook until the cheese is melted. Then I move them onto a plate and add the lettuce, etc. (I like to leave them open-faced, because 1. the cold toppings don't slide off so easily, 2. it's lower carb that way, and 3. then I don't have to roll out so many tortillas!)

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment