Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Homemade Barbecue Sauce


Grilling season is definitely upon us, so I thought I'd share one of my favorite recipes:
Barbecue Sauce 
½ cup honey
¾ cup tomato paste (6 oz can)
¾ cup vinegar (apple cider vinegar works well)
3 Tbsp molasses
½ tsp salt
¼ tsp onion powder, garlic powder, and pepper
Mix all together and heat to boiling. Refrigerate overnight to let flavors mingle.
(I just mix it all together and throw it in the crock pot over my shredded beef or pork roast! No fuss, no mess!)

This recipe is very sweet - like Kraft Original Recipe Barbecue Sauce - which my kids and I like. Originally, it called for 1 tsp liquid smoke (which made it more like KC Masterpiece) but since I don't know what's in that, and the kids didn't really like it anyway, I leave it out. But if you prefer it that way, feel free to add it in!

This post is part of Real Food Wednesday.

No comments:

Post a Comment